5 Health Benefits of Carrots
For a fun game, click the image for a full size printable version. Cut the cards along the dotted line and mix them up. Place them randomly face down and play a matching game to match the health benefits of carrots. If you have a group of kids you can also pass out the cards and on “Go!” have everyone find and match up with their partner.
Eating carrots can improve your health in a wide variety of ways
- Healthy Vision – The vitamin A in carrots helps to prevent age related vision loss, helps you see in the dark, and maintain general eye health.
- Prevent Cancer – Evidence has been found that the carotenoids in carrots, yellow, orange, and red organic pigments, may reduce the risk of cancer and may even slow or stop the progression of certain cancers such as leukemia.
- Improve Digestive Health – The high fiber found in carrots helps to improve the general health of your digestive track
- Lower Blood Pressure – Carrots are high in potassium combined with their high fiber helps to reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
- Bone Health – Carrots contain vitamin K and small amounts of calcium and phosphorus. All of these contribute to bone health and may help prevent osteoporosis.
- Immune Health – Carrots also contain vitamin C which has been shown to help keep your immune system strong so that you can recover from illness and injuries faster.